10'x6'x3' stingray pond!

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
I am starting the build in my 10'x6'x3' ray pond in just a few days! I am going to be building it in my grandma's basement instead of in my bedroom which allows me to make it two feet wider! It will be stocked with my two retics, two mm's, 6 pbass, Niger cat, and two silver arows. It will be filled with 30" of water and will have acrylic lids to prevent jumping. I plan on filtering it will two Laguna flowmax 4200 gph pumps that will run into two tetra water falls. I also will eventually add two to three fx5 canisters just to be safe. Two heat it I may try a few inline 1000 wat heaters unless there is a better way to heat it that someone knows of? I also would like two eventually add a marble, a motoro, a Leo, and maybe a pearl or something else that I find interesting. Will 7 or 8 rays be too much for this size pond or not? If anyone else has any other recommendations two tweak the design or functionality of this pond I am all ears! Thank you all and I will be updating with pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Only thing I can think of is filtration. Your going to need a good solid filtration setup.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joelypops

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2012
Rochester, Kent, UK
Sounds like an awesome project! I've not Sonera it myself yet, but when I get pound to my monster tank I'm looking at using a domestic immersion water heater for the heating. from what ive read it might be a more economical and reliable way of heating that much water

Something to think about?

Sent from my Galaxy Note

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
It sounds like a nice sized ray pond. It sure is nice of your grandma to allow it in her basement. I hope you plan on paying her water and electric bill.

dscort

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2009
NW Ohio
i just hope you will make a stand so you can still be able to use the old rotory phone.

sounds like a good project

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Hahaha ya I don't even know why that phone is down there and she likes the fact that I have to come over every single day to do water changes and feed hahaha. She is on a well so water isn't an issue but electric I will be helping her with.

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Looking forward for the completion :)

Did u consider a sump at the back? You could have one at the back wall with 2' width and 5' length.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store