Silver dollars and pothos?

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Will silver dollars eat and destroy pothos? I have 4 small ones in my 90 and plan on adding some pothos but just wondering sense they are notorious for destroy plants

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
My redhook SD's destroyed the power cord to a hydor fan! Put them in your overflow if you have one? Or in your hob filter?

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RobE

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2008
Seminole, FL
I have some spotted silver dollars in my tank and any leaves that hit the water are toast. Same goes for the roots so I have a basket that the pothos sits in.

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
This! Add a basket just as what F1 recommends. You will have to live with pothos having to constantly re-root and grow slower. Eventually it will root more in the basket and be healthy enough.
+1

Here's my basket

Bought mine at lhs, and of course, if you have any further questions on setup or whatever the link bellow has tons of info!

Go S.Vettel #1 RB8 3X WDC!!!!!!!!!

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?504763-Cheap-plants-less-nitrate!-POTHOS

CONGRATULATIONS TO SAMEER3600 FOR WINNING "FISH OF THE YEAR!"

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I put mine in my overflows. That being said, several runners have jumped the wall into the main display and my sd's could care less about the roots growing on the tank....they don't even seem to notice

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I have 2 4" sd's in a 125 with pothos and no problems...i expected them to eat it and there not interested. When you aquire these plants its necessary to cut the root ball to establish new growth so what does it hurt to let the fish do it for you? Im not saying let them totally destroy the plant but see how it goes. Its also not hard to cover the roots, i used a couple plastic pots they came in with more holes on a few tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store