Clownfish

sharkfinsean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
Baltimore, MD
i know that fish will attack each other of they look alike, but would it be possible to house more than one type (pairs) in the same aquarium, Ex: Black ocellaris clownfish and ocellaris clownfish, or some other combination of clownfish?

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
yes, mystic aquarium has a huge tank that houses almost 60 pairs and anemones and a few engineer gobies

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Yes and No - there no guarantee 2 of the same species will co-hab let alone multiple species however it has been done time and time again - it's all luck

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
It works.for me in my 40 gallon but I didn't buy the two.clowns at the same time. Like Otherone said you have to get lucky. There are no guarantees

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Will the black ocellaris clownfish be to aggressive for this to work with a pair of regular ocellaris clownfish

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The only difference is the color. They have exactly the same mentality. It doesn't always work though so don't get disappointed if it doesn't

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krustyart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Just don't try to match an ocellaris pair to a much larger type pair like Maroons or Tomatoes. That would almost never work as the larger ones got huge.

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
i agree with squidyboy that once the dominant female becomes apparent the others will come to hers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store