New 125g

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
So I just picked up my first 125 gallon. I've had several smaller tanks (55,60,40b) and finally made the upgrade. I was wondering what kind of monsters I could put in there.
Right now I am growing out a couple baby red devils, a texas cichlid, and 5 little tinfoil barbs. I am not that attached to them so if I got something that didn't work with them I wouldn't be that bummed.

I was looking at scombs, would I be able to keep one for like in that tank? Also, I have heard they don't last too long in the home aquarium.

Any other suggestions on some good stocking? :WHOA:

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
one red devil alone will claim that tank. at the least hope for a pair. either way all the other fish will be finished off in time.

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
Thanks for the replies folks.

I am experimenting with the red devils; I was thinking maybe since they have been raised together from dime-size they will be friendly with each other and the tank mates, if not, oh well.

Emperor Blue Hooks do look cool, however I have kept almost exclusively piranha up until now and am looking for a bit of a different look.

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
The rd could work out long term, but many change/get crazy at 5-6 inch-breeding size.you could try an all M or F tank, or get 5-7 same species and grow out to get a pair

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
The rd could work out long term, but many change/get crazy at 5-6 inch-breeding size.you could try an all M or F tank, or get 5-7 same species and grow out to get a pair

+1
You could keep the Tex and look into a vieja/paratheraps type sp. to live long term.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
Thanks for the responses.
Yeah originally I bought a couple Red Devils (well, we will go with Midevils) at dime size just to get one good looking one out of the batch. I am hoping that one of the two will be what I have been looking for.
Paratheraps fenestratus seem like an attractive fish as well, are the aggressive enough to hold off their own?

I kind of want to get a Jaguar or Festae that is the same size as my Red Devils. I know Jaguars get huge and I know that Festaes get really mean.

If I kept exclusively males, could I keep a Midevil, Festae, Texas, and possibly Jaguar in the same tank?

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
That combo could work, but maybe look into another jag type-freddie, loiselle.fene from what I have read about, are tough enough to hang.synspilium could work also

Adamson

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
Switzerland
That combo could work, but maybe look into another jag type-freddie, loiselle.fene from what I have read about, are tough enough to hang.synspilium could work also

Yeah I like those freddy cichlids.
Do they all grow at about the same rate? RD's, Jaguars, Texas', Freddies?
I know Festae's grow super slow, so I will probably want one that is a little bigger than my other fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store