what happened to feeder guppies

repticland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2008
illinois
when I was younger almost every petshop i went into had a tank full of geeder guppies. now days I do not see them anywhere. Whats up with that? I live in illinois maybe it's different in other places but here that is what I see

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Most independently owned stores here still carry them.I can't speak for the big box chain type pet stores because I rarely enter them.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
I GET THE FEELING THAT .....live feeders are on the decline in general... maybe I'm wrong....:popcorn:

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
none here anymore

repticland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2008
illinois
Most independently owned stores here still carry them.I can't speak for the big box chain type pet stores because I rarely enter them.
maybe that's what it is I don't have many independently owned stores near me

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
most feeder guppies and also feeder rosie reds are diseased or carry diseases, usually are in over crowded uncared for conditions.. ..so many people opt to breed their own or just do not feed live..... feeding sick feeders to your fish of course results in your fish being sick or even dying.. contaminating your tank with bacteria and viral diseases and parasites..

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
^Sadly,this is nothing new and has been the case of feeders,at least in this area,for years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store