What should I do...

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
So about 2 months ago I a rock shifted and my frogspawn moved, so I had to rearrange the rock. While I was doing this I accidentally broke off one of its heads. Now that head has split into 2, and it has about 5 "mini" heads growing on the side of it. My question is will these mini heads live? I am wondering because I really want to trade this for a hammer, but if these mini heads are going to grow and get big, I am not going to trade it!! Also on a side note, how do you frag a bubble coral? I mean mine is getting huge!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
i would wait and let it grow a bit see where things go

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
New heads are good - splitting is not good, do you see tiny holes around the break?

Best to only frag SPS esp bubble coral when there is a clear and district bud - second or baby sps - that has formed. It has to be done very quickly and with a very sharp chisel or saw blade. SPS don't like being out of the water - period.

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
Well you know with frogspawns when the heads split down the middle to create 2+ new heads, that's what it did. Any ideas how long it will take for the buds to grow out?

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Well you know with frogspawns when the heads split down the middle to create 2+ new heads, that's what it did. Any ideas how long it will take for the buds to grow out?

LPS grow fairly quickly so I would say it would probably take a month to 5 weeks or so. Maybe sooner if the parameters and lighting is ideal for them. Takes a little longer if the water or lighting isn't quite right

Sent from my HTC One V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store