How quickly can a new tank be used safely?

brettsdad2011

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2012
madison, wi
Tax time means a new tank is coming. If I use the current filters/media, decorations, and substrate how quickly can I use the new tank? Any chemical products that can speed the process? Oh, deets; 125g upgrading to 210-325g. Stock is pretty Hardy, if that matters.

Sent from my SCH-R680 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

skooby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2012
salem OR
I've done this and also added a tetra bacterial speed up forgot its name then waited 5hrz fish where fine but still to be safe a day

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nate Dogg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2011
Louisville
If you transfer all the water, media, and substraight I would say as fast as you can move the fish. Would be know different then doing a water change. Still might be a good idea to give a quick rinse just in case

skooby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2012
salem OR
Over night should be fine

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cambo01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
chesterfield uk
If you transfer all the water, media, and substraight I would say as fast as you can move the fish. Would be know different then doing a water change. Still might be a good idea to give a quick rinse just in case
+1

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brettsdad2011

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2012
madison, wi
Well, I'd be adding a substantial amount of new sand to it as well. And also decreasing the amount of decorations. Also adding one new filter and getting rid of 3 ac110s.

Sent from my SCH-R680 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Run at least one of the old filters on it for about a week before doing away with all of them, just to be on the safe side. Also, if you can, move the bio media from the AC110 to the new filter to help establish bacteria. Should be good to go immediately, get a bottle of Stability to help the first few days as well. Also depends on how heavy you are stocking the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store