New Fish Ideas

goosej13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Canada
Hey Guys

So sadly my Arowana jumped out of the tank last night after I forgot to put the lid down :( sad sad panda.

So now I have an empty tank out side of some CAE's.

I am looking for Idea's

I have a 200 Gallon tank and I am looking for a large fish species that is somewhat interactive (finger chasing etc.) and moves around the tank a bunch.

Fish I had and loved were my Red Belly Piranhas which I had for almost 8 years.

The tank is a planted tank so I can't have something that will rip the plants out OR stir up the ground much.

I was thinking about Caribe Piranhas (Black Shoulder Piranha) but they are hard to find.

I did not really like the Arowana since it would always hide in the plants.

I was thinking of 2 oscars but I fear they will dig up the plants.

Anyone know how active the saber tooth barracuda's are?

Anyone have any other ideas?

I am in Canada so most fish I can get :)

Nabbig2

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
California
You could get a tank of big burly cichlids. Or you could get a pair of dovii or umbee.
As for the saber tooth barracudas they are generally skittish and difficult to keep, I'd stay away from them if you want a finger chaser.

goosej13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Canada
@ ClownKnife ... I actually tried to get geryi at one point but they were hard as hell to find... Much harder than the Caribe

@ Nabbig .. These guys look pretty cool.. Watched some Youtubes with them.. Which out of the dovii or umbee would you recommend

goosej13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Canada
scratch that last statement... Oscars suck in a planted tank... What is a Large fish I can put in a planted tank?

goosej13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Canada
I like Rhoms but I hate how I can only have him in the tank and nothing else... Not even algae eaters.. and in a planted tank they help out alot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store