Reef Lighting

JC09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2011
rhode island
could someone direct me to a light suitable for a 20g long reef tank. it will have one maybe 2 clownfish at most and maybe some simple lps, sps, basic stuff. im looking for 24" or so t5 with 2-4 bulbs. id also like to spend no more than $150. i know thats sorta cheap but i know somethings out there for me! thanks guys

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
http://www.aquatraders.com/Aquarium-Lighting-s/5.htm

it's cheap.... you get what you pay for.
many people on here will tell you stay the hell away from oddysea, as they've started housefires from faulty wiring before... also the customer service is non existent....so if you do pay for one, hope it works otherwise you will have one hell of a time sending it back...but that being said... they are extremely cheap... and i've had one for over two years now with only one issue.... one LED component for the lunar lights burnt out...or is disconnected or something..

JC09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2011
rhode island
i have come across these but also read about the house fires and makes me a little bit uncomfortable as you could imagine..

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Check out Aquatic life - t5ho's with a timer - but LEDS are better suited for SPS in small tanks think like 8 watts per gal for sps + 15-20x gph. If you have a PAR meter think like 650-750 lux

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store