Sunblaze T5 Lighting

JC09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2011
rhode island
has anyone used these lights? specifically in a small reef tank? im looking for a good light for a 20g long to grow tome lps and maybe sps. stumbled upon these online for really cheap. they come in 2ft with 4 bulbs or 8 bulbs which to me, seems like it would work. Id probably be looking at the 2ft 8 bulb. any advice helps!

heres the link: http://www.greenhousecatalog.com/product/sun-blaze-t5-grow-light/grow-lights

Sun Blaze T5 HO 2ft- 4 lamps:
Fixtures Dimensions- 23.75"L x 12.67"W x 2.67"H
Lumens-8,000 - 24 watt lamps
Max fixtures linked together- 6

Sun Blaze T5 HO 2ft- 8 lamps:
Fixtures Dimensions- 23.75"L x 22.5"W x 2.67"H
Lumens-16,000 - 24 watt lamps
Max fixtures linked together- 3

Pfisherman

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
Sandwich, Illinois
search ebay for some lights, they have some very affordable T5 ho units with timers and bulbs and they are designed for reefs.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
ive seen these at my local grow shop for very good prices aswell....the only difference i can really see is that theres no splash guard under the bulbs. Personally ive debated using these myself and cant seem to find any difference between these and what the fish stores sell. The difference in price is up into the hundreds for the 48" models compared to "fish lights". I'd give them a shot for sure. Im sure you can find them cheaper from somewhere else aswell, the prices ive seen in a retail grow store was signifigantly lower than the link you posted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store