Traded texas cichlid pair for credit at lfs

kingofthejungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2012
Virginia
So last night I traded In my breeding pair of texas cichlids at my lfs. I'm thinking about also trading my 2 hoplias malibaricus also. What should I get it has to be livestock. Tried getting him to give me some more prime and and some purigen. Lol. I'm in no rush I'm just thinking ahead trying to actually plan my stocking as I remove all my wife's impulse buys. It use to be nothing to come home to 3 extra fish that she thought were pretty. Had to put my foot down. she learned after my wolf ghostface ate a Bolivian ram as soon as it touched the water.

Long live the king

"Stand for something of fall for anything"

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Depends what your after and what you have in the tank?

Do you want small, med, large fish? Aggressive etc?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kingofthejungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2012
Virginia
I have my 30 (3 medium angels and 2 baby wolves) my 55 (upside down cat and 8 small/medium cichlids) soon 120+. So I can use the 55 as a grow out but prefer not to. I think I'm done with the super predatory/ aggressive fish. I dont like worrying about new additions. Thinking semi aggressive at best. I may or may not keep a few of my cichlids depending on compatibility. Im just tired of common cichlids. The wife wants discus but me to care for them so she can blame me if one dies b/c I told her they're sensitive.

"I'm not ignorant. I just find certain types of ignorance amusing"

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Hmmmm... What about a planted community tank? Something a little different... Then you can add schools of small fish and inverts :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kingofthejungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2012
Virginia
No inverts I'm traumatized by the common cray I had that killed my jaguar cich. A planted tank sounds cool but I don't want to have to use CO2. My lights currently are 3 6500k cfl 100 watts each can also add another tubular 30" into the same hood but its too bright for me.

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Mansfield, Louisiana, U.S.A.
Ya, I can't think of a reason to appreciate a cray unless he's alone. I kept a crayfish I got out of the drainage ditch. My water wasn't dirty enough for him. lol. Seems like crayfish don't live long enough to enjoy anyway.

kingofthejungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2012
Virginia
Just got back from the lfs and they had laid eggs overnight! So I got a red snook and a big bottle of prime. I'm happy this red snook is really cool. Its mouth is huge.

kingofthejungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2012
Virginia
My cray was big enough to take down a 4" healthy jag he was pretty big/old.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store