Our mostly all-male Mostly Malawi Tank

Nestojr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2012
Stockton, CA
Hey all,

Just thought I'd share my youtube channel as I've recently been recording vids of our tanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/n3st0jr

A little background, the wife and I started fishkeeping at the end of 2011. It all started with a "goldfish"/feeder fish won by a friend at a carnival and given to us. Barney didn't live very long. We learned and learned and learned and after enjoying all sorts of your typical tropical fish, we made the move to african cichlids in Sept. 2012 with the intention of an all-male show tank. A few months later in December, I added 4 male Red Bulus (thanks Justin!). Not sure if we'll get more petros in the near future as good deals are snatched up in the blink of an eye. Plus, I'm still happily searching for more Malawi guys (Fossos and Borleyi coming up!) and I gotta setup the 135 thats been sitting for almost 2 months now.

thatbb6

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Orange County
Awesome stock. I'm digging the Red Bulus and Lemon Jake. Do you have the wavemaker on 24/7? They seem to love the current.

rizzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
philadelphia pa
Hey all,

Just thought I'd share my youtube channel as I've recently been recording vids of our tanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/n3st0jr

A little background, the wife and I started fishkeeping at the end of 2011. It all started with a "goldfish"/feeder fish won by a friend at a carnival and given to us. Barney didn't live very long. We learned and learned and learned and after enjoying all sorts of your typical tropical fish, we made the move to african cichlids in Sept. 2012 with the intention of an all-male show tank. A few months later in December, I added 4 male Red Bulus (thanks Justin!). Not sure if we'll get more petros in the near future as good deals are snatched up in the blink of an eye. Plus, I'm still happily searching for more Malawi guys (Fossos and Borleyi coming up!) and I gotta setup the 135 thats been sitting for almost 2 months now.
A vid of my 150g peacock hap frontosa tank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVFmOPEmmDo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nestojr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2012
Stockton, CA
Nice tank, rizzo =]

Thanks all. The wavemakers are constantly on but there is a night mode for about 10 hours I think and they have different wave settings, its not just one constant speed. They do like it ! Combined with the 900-1200gph return pump, theres a lot of movement in there to keep them busy and hopefully not harass eachother too much. I got a decent deal on them as they are pricey, its hard pleasing us gadget freaks. Always gotta have the good stuff.

rizzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
philadelphia pa
Lol yea I love buying new gadgets especially for my tanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store