Gar Protrusion

Jesto

Candiru
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Can somebody identify what is protruding below the throat? It looks like a bone is broken.

Thanks

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
-may be an issue with the connective tissue/bones with the tongue. one of my oldest Cubans sometimes dislocates part of the tongue and it protrudes sometimes in the lower throat. unless it looks to have problems swallowing food or other issues, i would not be too concerned and just see if the problem corrects itself.--
--solomon

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
does the dislocated part put itself back to place?

Jesto

Candiru
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
-may be an issue with the connective tissue/bones with the tongue. one of my oldest Cubans sometimes dislocates part of the tongue and it protrudes sometimes in the lower throat. unless it looks to have problems swallowing food or other issues, i would not be too concerned and just see if the problem corrects itself.--
--solomon
Thanks. no problem with eating at all

does the dislocated part put itself back to place?
I think its permanent. Does not disappear anymore

wilsonhuweishen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2013
Malaysia
hi, ntmu, can u check out my thread, my gar having the same problem as your gar actually, what actually cause this problem? ammonia poisoning? could it be? i hope can find someone discussing this problem, kinda sad because my gar eat alot and grow well but suddenly it just happen something like that..my first gar actually, short nose gar..1 feet long.

wilsonhuweishen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2013
Malaysia
hi, its been a while..my gar having the same problem with ur gar had just fully recover..take about like four weeks..i just use this japanese yellow powder and it works..hope ur beauty gar will recover soon too..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store