"Aqua scape" for datnoids?

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
So I want to make this tank perfect for them.... In terms of them being the most comfortable what do you guys recommend for the tank? What substrate rocks driftwood what type of flow is ideal do they like live plants? any info would be nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
\ive never owned a tiger larger than 6 inches so i cant speak for all dats. I find the young ones enjoy a nice place to retreat and hide. Personally i use bare bottom with a few potted plants or small chunks of wood. Than they each have somewhere to relax if they want.

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
\ive never owned a tiger larger than 6 inches so i cant speak for all dats. I find the young ones enjoy a nice place to retreat and hide. Personally i use bare bottom with a few potted plants or small chunks of wood. Than they each have somewhere to relax if they want.
See I've always gone bare bottom but it just isn't visually appealing and I want this tank to really stand out so I planned on using sand bc I'd like to put a pair of rays in the tank as well so I'm thinking fine sand with some nice rock caves and some driftwood

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
best thing you can do for them is clean water good filtration and good food. The rays will scramble the aquascaping when large enough

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If the rays grow at a decent rate they may soon be able to eat the little dats...They grow very slowly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store