Dimmable T5 question ???

gimmiks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2008
oc
I recently purchased an Geismann infinity light fixture . It included some dimable ballast for the T5's and the Ethernet cable to connect it to an apex light controller . I dont wanna go out of my way and spend $200 for the apex Jr. and another $100 for the vdm light dimmer . If i don't plug in the Ethernet cable to anything will my T5's run at 100%???

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas

gimmiks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2008
oc
anyone???

ghostbear29

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2007
Rio Rico, Arizona
Wow, thats some coin you dropped on there. Looks wicked cool, but could not find anything that says dimmable. The t5s are run in pairs or can be made to run in pairs. Using the "sunrise" "sunset" kinda thing. But now with the addition of being digital... Your system should run at 100 percent and the HQI bulb should do great. Did the unit come with a bulb? If so, what color? 20k, 15k.. Anyway, nice system. Kicks mine out of the water.(8 tube T5)

gimmiks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2008
oc
Wow, thats some coin you dropped on there. Looks wicked cool, but could not find anything that says dimmable. The t5s are run in pairs or can be made to run in pairs. Using the "sunrise" "sunset" kinda thing. But now with the addition of being digital... Your system should run at 100 percent and the HQI bulb should do great. Did the unit come with a bulb? If so, what color? 20k, 15k.. Anyway, nice system. Kicks mine out of the water.(8 tube T5)
Yes , i was able to get them cheaper since i bought them used but they are still only 1 year old .The vendor i bought it from installed aftermarket ballast to make them dimmable.He also gave me the stock ballast but i don't want to go through the trouble of opening it and changing them out , so i was hoping the basllas they have on right now will run 100% without the controller . The fixture came with the Geisemann mega chrome bulbs and 4 atinic, But im switching them out for the phoenix 14k bulbs and same atinics .

PGK

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2011
Charlotte
Sunrise to sunset effects on T5 lights sounds cool

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store