5 gallon tank ideas

Jim3h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Hey guys I have a 5 gallon and I'm not sure what to do with it, right now all I have is a couple guppies (feeders not fantails) because I didn't want to throw all of them in to feed my pbass. I have gravel in it with a couple sword rooters in it, I was thinking about switching to a dirted tank but I don't have the slightest idea of how to do this. I would love to just make it a cherry shrimp tank but if anyone knows of a little predator fish I could put in there, I have a ten, 29 and 65 incase they grow out but I would rather just keep it in the five.
-thanks, Jim

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
If you want to make it a dirted shrimp tank i would re-setup the tank accordingly and plug the oldfilter in and let her rip :)

Jim3h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
If you want to make it a dirted shrimp tank i would re-setup the tank accordingly and plug the oldfilter in and let her rip :)

Well theres my problem, I have NO idea how to set it up haha. Any advice wouldn't hurt cause those guppies will be out of there in a day or two to feed my snook and pbass

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
I've heard that alot, but i never really had a interest in them. I had them when I was younger, from what I remember they are very slow moving and don't do much. Correct me if I'm wrong

No that right kinda boring but a very beautiful fish

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

majorhavok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2012
Left Coast
Hey guys I have a 5 gallon and I'm not sure what to do with it, right now all I have is a couple guppies (feeders not fantails) because I didn't want to throw all of them in to feed my pbass. I have gravel in it with a couple sword rooters in it, I was thinking about switching to a dirted tank but I don't have the slightest idea of how to do this. I would love to just make it a cherry shrimp tank but if anyone knows of a little predator fish I could put in there, I have a ten, 29 and 65 incase they grow out but I would rather just keep it in the five.
-thanks, Jim

5 gallon? Honestly I doubt it. I like the idea of the cherry and maybe some ghost shrimp with a bed of moss on the bottom.

tnvol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2013
Portland
I've heard that alot, but i never really had a interest in them. I had them when I was younger, from what I remember they are very slow moving and don't do much. Correct me if I'm wrong

They can actually be quite active depending their conditions. I have a big male King and he pushes Marimo balls around his 5 gallon tank. He is a very interactive fish. The reason bettas get a bad rap as being boring is that they are rarely taken care of properly. People keep them in tiny bowls with no filtration or temp control and they often live their lives freezing and ammonia poisoned. Not saying that was you. lol. Just saying. The are awesome fish when taken care of properly.

repticland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2008
illinois
get a plakat beta the short tail seems to let them to be more active.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Metriacliman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2012
New York
HMPK bettas are really active. They just seem boring because people keep them in tanks where they have to interact with. Watching a betta flare at himself is really interesting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store