New to saltwater, Green spotted puffers. Any suggestions?

slick Nic the Ruls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2011
Omaha
I am currently setting up my 75 gal for my 2 green spotted puffers. I know, these arent "monsters" like many of the fish discussions on here, but i am hoping someone has had experience with these guys. They are in low end brackish water in my 20 gal hex right now, since they are only 2 inches or less. I will be setting up my 75 gal with a 30 gal wet/dry bio ball setup this week. Once i get the water to a high end brackish/low end marine (since these fish need full marine as adults), i will be slowly switching to a live rock sump/fuge instead of the bio balls, as ive read i will have better results this way in a full marine environment. I wont be having coral in my setup, as these guys will most likely eat it. I will have lots of live rock in both the fuge and the display tank, with plants and algae for natural filtration as well. I feed them dried bloodworms and live snails from my freshwater tank right now. Ive done alot of reading on these guys, and saltwater setups, but i havnt owned either and i just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or experience in taking care of these oh so cute little puppies or any general advice on saltwater, filtration, live rock, etc...

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
They may start out at an inch at the LFS but remember they can get 6 inches ! two for a 75 gallon is excellent ! You seem very well prepaired for theis little guys and I bet they will hav a great home ! Keep it up and love to see pics... Slowly aclimating them to full salt is a good idea. I know you can just toss em into full salt from fresh (ive seen it done) But slowly is good !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store