What is the best or most unusual fish you have ever discovered in a feeder tank?

krustyart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
[I hope this thread has not been done before]
What is the best or most unusual fish you have ever discovered in a feeder tank of your LFS? Post a photo of it IF you still have it....

Me first: "Everglades Pygmy Sunfish" (sorry no photo - it was many years ago.)

This is the thread that inspired this thread...
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?521909-Id-please

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
huge tadpoles that had to be from a bull frog or something and sunfish

EdCal

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2009
SoCal
Decades ago I went to K-Mart to by a Chinese Algae Eater. The one the clerk caught was the only one that wasn't stuck to the glass. It turned being a baby pike cichlid. That was my introduction to cichlids and been hooked ever since

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
A beetle that swam in the water it was a wally beetle the people at the LFS said... Kinda forgot the name and I semi remember it so sorrry for spelling...

krustyart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Water Beetle, common here in Florida. I have never heard them called Wally Beetles.

tomomothy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
saw a green sunfish at a lfs in with the goldfish feeders. not only are they invading waterways, apparently they are invading feeder tanks too

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Our LFS for some reason keeps Shovelnose catfish in the guppy tank. Not really a rare or odd fish, but an odd place to have it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
Baby jag cichlid, I got him in a bag of 25 cent gold fish and took him 5 minutes up the road to another lfs and sold him for $10 easiest 9.75 ive ever made :p

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store