1800 gallon build and my new 180

gnorris23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
florida
So I decided a few months ago to build a 180 gallon tank in my living room for my tessalata who is out growing his 75 and in doing so I decided to turn my garage into my manroom and build an 1800 gallon tank for a decent sized shark ( probably a white tip ) I will be uploading picks as I go but be patient I work 6 days a week until 11pm and will be doing most of my work from midnight on . Anyway i'm looking to get ideas from everyone as I go along.I will be using the kreg jig system with 2x4s 3/4inch plywood and concrete board with epoxy pond armor .It will take me some time to complete but I am going to go as fast as i can.

gnorris23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
florida
i still need to build a canopy for the 180 and cover the stand but I should be able to do that all this weekendand start the 1800

gnorris23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
florida
I didnt have any pics of the garage from before today ( i thought i did ) but needless to say it was a lot of work to get cleaned out . Anyway I outlined where I want to tank to go so I can start planning on the filtration build and figure out how i want to build the walls around it in my garage .

gnorris23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
florida
So , Because I have over 2000 gallons running through my 180 inside my living room it is noisy as hell . I really do not mind it but my wife does and asked me to make it quiet. So , I decided I will be running pvc pipes through the walls and using the same filtration for both tanks . This should cut out quite a bit of the noise and save me money on filtration , since i'll be using the same skimmer , sump ect . I'll upload pics once this is complete with the plumbing .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store