Value of Tropical Gar ?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I hate to do this, but it looks like my Tropical Gar, one of my favorite fish, may need a new home. It is very chunky, so I am GUESSING female, but that is only speculation. She is 13-14 inches solid. What's the going rate on these?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I hate to do this, but it looks like my Tropical Gar, one of my favorite fish, may need a new home. It is very chunky, so I am GUESSING female, but that is only speculation. She is 13-14 inches solid. What's the going rate on these?
i got mine at 23" and 20" for $150 and $100.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
300 bux?

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
I gave a good price but the prices being told here are way too high... when the vendors bring the babies in here for $250 the general consensus is that the price is too high. I'd say $180 is a good price for a tropical gar.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I gave a good price but the prices being told here are way too high... when the vendors bring the babies in here for $250 the general consensus is that the price is too high. I'd say $180 is a good price for a tropical gar.
thats what i was thinking. i remember not that long ago young trops were at $100. i would even say $150 for that sized gar. i would have expected $20-250 for the sizes i got.

that was a great price. i left you out of it even though it was the threads price listed. i just hate saying others names in a thread they are not involved in.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I got mine, at the time 12", for $80 off craigs list.
everyone but me gets cool stuff off craigslist. here i am the guy puting cool stuff up there. the average we get is cheap tanks, because everyone has a tank to sell and 8-10 silver aros listed for $150.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store