Is my tank over stocked

WinsAllDay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2013
Richmond Va
I have a 3 in jack dempsy 5 in chocolate 4 in green texas 7 in green sevrum 2 3 in firemouthes 1 little convict a 3 in tiger oscar and a 9 in pleco in a 75 gallon tank I want to upgrade tanks cause i know it will get crowded for them later on any ideas what size tank i should go with

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Agreed, your tank at the moment looks like its almost fully stocked, so considering that most if not all those fish have some growing to do still, its probably best that you plan to get the biggest tank you can afford thats 180G or above...

That way, you can guarantee you'll be either just right or understocked for the future...

WinsAllDay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2013
Richmond Va
I had either planned to get a 150 or 300 i know big difference but i really want a 300 i know that would be perfect for them

WinsAllDay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2013
Richmond Va
I also forgot to ad in my 7 in ref devil this tank is a great mediator tank when one gets picked on there is always a fish to break it up its pretty sweet i think

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
If it was possible and I were you I would look for an 8ft 300. That would give even more room in the future and a little more space between territories. Only thing is I an not sure how common a tank like that is and your space for such a tank. Nice stock list.

Redtail Monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2012
Manchester, MI
Keep a close eye on craigslist. I picked up my 180g (6x2x) with stand and a eheim 2026 canister filter for $175

Sent from my Motorola Triumph on the MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store