salvinis and convicts

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Hey guys. I posted in the breeding forum, had a few views, but nobody is replying, so I though I'd try here. I wanna try my hand at breeding salvini's. I have a 10cm male in my 6ftx3ft that chills with my school of 8 red belly piranhas, as well as a variety of other fish. I have a fairly empty 4ft 60gal that is heavily planted and filtered with a senegal birchir, two small pictus cats, 5 smallish clown loaches, 8 rainbow fish and a royal pleco. Would moving him from the 6ftx3ft tank into my 60gal increase his aggression moving from a bigger tank into a smaller one? Could I also move my breeding pair of convicts from the 6ftx3ft with the salvini into the 60gal? Or is this not advisable. Thanks.

P.afer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
California
Mattybecks,
The salvini may be to aggressive for the fish in the 60 gal. Mixing 3 cichlids can be a problem depending on the bond of the convicts. When the pair is breeding they will attack the other fish and when fighting or not getting along the weaker fish gets bounced back and forth sometime dying. But overall the salvini and convicts can be mixed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store