Epic Junk Haul!

Pfisherman

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
Sandwich, Illinois
So last week I was going to the glass shop to get a few pieces of glass cut so I could do a DIY sump, and while starting to explain what I wanted to build the man said "So what are you trying to build, a sump?" so I replied "yes" and he proceed to tell me that he had one that he would sell me. being that I really wanted to DIY one since I already had 2 12"x30" pieces of glass cut I slightly dismissed it. While talking he also mentioned that he had to protien skimmers and a UV light that he would throw in, this is all stuff that I can't afford to buy so I had been planning on building it but I bit and asked how much for the skimmers. He said he would do $80 for both skimmers and the UV sterilizer... Now for a week this has been rolling around in my head. So last night I decided that I would take these off his hands because if nothing else I could use it to get by for now. So I get to his house last night and when I arrive he has not one or two, but three boxes of "junk" sitting on his counter and tells me that I can have it all for $80. so I say okay.

Here is the beginning of the junk list:
1 Sea Clone 100 skimmer (I modded this this morning, i know its not the greatest but whatever)
1 Excalibur skimmer (looks complicated and I dont know how to put it together)
4 whisper 30-60 HOB filters
1 Eheim Professional II canister filter
8 heaters, including 3 Ebo-Jager 300w units
about a dozen air pumps
various powerheads

Now I am excited at this point when he tells me that if I come by on Saturday and help him take down his setup I can have it as well:
1 Drilled 55g
1 stand
1 Acrylic sump that appears to be around 20-30g
1 900 gph return pump
plumbing
live rock and dead coral braches

Needless to say I am like a kid at christmas. I dont need another tank, so it will be a PIF or trade for a 29g that I can use for QT. but OMG am I so happy to have some new junk! I know nothing about this Excalibur skimmer, it looks impressive, but doubt it is much worth messing with and I know the Sea Clone is by far the most bashed skimmer ever. But I modded out the thing and threw it on my tank and it is already pulling some stuff out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store