blue cleaner wrasse

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
Whats the best food to feed to give to my blue cleaner, other than fish to clean. he's looking real thin...?

jtietz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2012
pa
good luck. im sorry to say this but he prob wont make it. never buy a cleaner wrase unless you have a big tank with a lot of fish. all they eat is parasites. it is possible to feed them mysis shrimp but that takes time to ween them. they are a difficult fish to keep even with a lot of fish to feed off of.

Danno

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
England
good luck. im sorry to say this but he prob wont make it. never buy a cleaner wrase unless you have a big tank with a lot of fish. all they eat is parasites. it is possible to feed them mysis shrimp but that takes time to ween them. they are a difficult fish to keep even with a lot of fish to feed off of.
yeah lesson learned , i didn't do enough of my own research, i just trusted the guy at the LFS who never once attempted to advise me of the poor success rate with these fish. The shop has taken the wrasse back - reluctantly! and tbh i don't think it will make it:(

pagancry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Not the best fish to keep in an aquarium because they usually starve but I concur with the above suggestions of mysis shrimp, rods food, any solid plankton suppliment like oyster eggs.

James

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store