My High Back Golden Arowana

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
Hi All,
Finally I saved up the money and got myself a HB gold Arowana,which im not going to sell.
It has 4th level shine and 5th level is just going develop.I am keeping it in a white tank with white lights on for around 8-10 hours a day.
So here it is!

HB Gold 1.JPG

HB Gold 1.JPG

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
Light treatment ? What is that for ?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It is called White Tank Treatment(WTT),It helps to improve the shine(turns gold) in golden arowana's

suggest you put white base at the bottom of the tank to help the shine to rise.
Its a good idea,But right now its a bare bottom and its an imported tank so the base in black in color to remove it is going to be hassle.I can jus put white sand or gravel

nice picked up. WTT is a good start for it.
Thank you,I am going to keep it in a white tank till the color stabilizes(14 or 16").Then shift it a tank with a black or blue background but with white lights.

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Is WTT just temporaral shine? Does it go away?

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
Is WTT just temporaral shine? Does it go away?
Yes,Most of them say its a waste of time,But others say it is necessary and without it the arowana wont reach its full potential.
But in all cases everyone says gold arowana are best placed in light environments.
So i thought ill do WTT,Let me see for myself.
WTT is done by some farms and some shops,mainly for Xbacks as it improves shine level for juveniles and people think its a good quality xback and once it reaches their homes in a black dark/dark evironment in few weeks they realise they have got cheated.

Reactions: 9FACE
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store