What is it?

DudeItsADiscus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Upstate NY
Tried doing some research.. can you point me in the right direction?

uploadfromtaptalk1359247900875.jpg

Sent from my AT100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DudeItsADiscus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Upstate NY
**Video..
[video=youtube_share;lYNeh1_khQQ]http://youtu.be/lYNeh1_khQQ[/video]

DripN.Wet

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2012
Bloomingdale, Ohio
Man it's really hard to tell from the pics and video...in the top it looks like it resembles a sea cucumber...in the vid it kinda looks like a sea cuke or medusa worm....

I would look into those things first, and remember if you cant find anything' I would say remove it... some things aren't worth the risk. Medusa worms are predatory and can kill fish.... have you notice anything coming up missing?

DudeItsADiscus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Upstate NY
Doing some research tonight, thanks for the ideas on where to search. Got some more pics and will try to get more angles tonight after a water change.

uploadfromtaptalk1359678800501.jpg
Fully open... can kinda see down the hole.

uploadfromtaptalk1359678836749.jpg
Closing...

uploadfromtaptalk1359678870728.jpg
Closed...

Sent from my AT100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cheesehead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2011
WI
That thing is scary. Did u coral RX it before adding? Or did it just recently pop up?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
I still believe it is a Tunicate (sea squirt) as I said previously in your other thread. It's movements and appearence are consistant with the filter feeding action that tunicates use. It's not a worm, as all worms I know of, that are stationary have a shell or tube of some sort. It's not a medusa worm, nor is it a cucumber. There is more types of sea squirt then I can count and little is known about them so finding a litteral 100% ID on this one is nearly impossible. There is nothing to worry about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store