changing 125g freshwater into saltwater

Dogg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2005
Ohio
Hi all..I havent posted here in forever. But im changing my 125g freshwater to saltwater. I really am hooked on triggers. What are suitable tankmates and can I keep more than 1 trigger together. This will be a fish only tank...The more colorful the better. Thx in advance

Dogg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2005
Ohio
Any help would be nice....lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I had a 220 gallon community with an Undulate, Queen and a Niger with a Cortez Puffer and a couple of smaller eels.

Queen was most personable and the Undulate was by far the most aggressive fish I've ever kept lol but the others were big enough and tough enough to handle it.

I also had a smaller tank with a Picasso and Huma...,

Triggers are great fish to keep

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoohouse

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Arlington
Undulated triggers are satan's spawn. Triggers all have their own personality and temperment. A 125 is a little small for a final home for most triggers though. Research the different types of triggers you have available to you and go from there.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Undulated triggers are satan's spawn. Triggers all have their own personality and temperment. A 125 is a little small for a final home for most triggers though. Research the different types of triggers you have available to you and go from there.
True. Most triggers can get quite large.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dogg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2005
Ohio
Thx....I really wanted a niger trigger....guess ill have to go with something else. That sucks

Dogg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2005
Ohio
And do I need all live sand or can I use a half and half mix with live rocks?

dpete88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
in the drivers seat
My brother keeps several triggers together with no issues at all. The more live sand and live rock you have the better as it acts as a large part of your filtration. For a fish only tank I would go with half a pound if live rick per gallon but that is just a personal rule. Depending on your setup and stock you could have more or less

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store