Metal monster 3k

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Well its finally time for this to start again, my other half is def. Not happy about it but i mocked up a test form for my front tank wall and had no problems getting it down into my basement from the garage :). I was very surprised and pleased to find out my latest design will work. Tanks dimensions are 4' tall 8' from front to back and 14' left to right.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reactions: Jacob92677

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
Damn!! That things gunna be a beast! What are you planning for filtration??

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
uploadfromtaptalk1359527680851.jpg
This is the mock form of the front wall. Nice to see it in house to see some perspective. I will be building 4 seperate metal frame walls and bolting them together in my basement. 2 sidewalls are already framed out and welded. ill b burning metal all day tommorow :) so ill post some pics of the 4 walls. The tank walls will be lined with wood and 45mil. Epdm. I already have three viewing windows 4'x4' 1 inch cast acrylic. Little light for the job but it should hold. I doubht the tank will ever be near full, alot more like 36"-40" and i plan on supporting it 4" around the window frames. Not opposed to splitting each window with an outside support but i think its unnecessary. Making it up as i go so no sketch ups or plans here. I like working with what i see and use enough 3d modeling software at work to make me sick of it lol....i will also be drilling and bolting my acrylic on this one unlike my 650 build and most likely using gold label aquarium and pond sealer for my acrylic to liner bond. Bonding method is debatable, ill b running a test on a temp holding pond i need to make before the 3k. I will be using rubber gasket/bolted/acrylic with no sealant at all. If this works all our problems for liner builds will be solved :)

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Chief....plan on using anything i can find like a dozen 55 gallon barrels, large 275 gal storage totes or just some of my grow out tanks....im toying the idea of using my acrylic 300 lol. Def. All options will be overhead sump style with plant filtration. If the overheads dont cut it i have a 12'x8' room under the porch i can use as the filter...yes the whole room...just need a liner haha

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Ditching the 1700 intex in the pic for this build so there will also be some temp ponds being made to hold my boys. Stock includes 8 20-30" tsn, 30" marblextsn an oscar chew toy and my 16" female florida softshell hybrid

Reactions: Nobody077

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
This could be a seriously cool thread if you keep up with the pics.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
lol, Sounds like a great build, what gauge metal are you going to use? are you going to paint it or coat it to make sure it does not rust overtime from the humidity/water?

Oscar chew toy Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store