Weirdest fish deaths

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I want to what's the weirdest way any fish has died.

Three days ago I got a fire mouth witch I've been wanting for a while. I decided to keep it alone a 29. The first day it got stuck between the glass and heater and was nearing death. I caught it just in time to save it. Next day went well but that night it seemed to gotten itself stuck again but this this time I was sleeping. I woke up and didn't see the fish when I turned on the light so I checked behind the sponge filter and it was in the same spot floating upside down. Basically the fish baked itself alive.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Anchovie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
Jersey Shore
I bought a Senegal bichir a few months ago... Spent some time acclimating it properly, netted it and put it in the tank... Little sucker swam directly down my oscars throat. 18$ gone.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
that would qualify as weird.. cant think of anything to compare it with in my experience,,,,I DID have a braziliensis die one time without the slightest idea why .. he was fine at 6 a.m. when I got up..then deader than ELVIS 2 hours later (at feeding time)... no injuries or sign of sickness...:popcorn:

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I would have been highly upset about that birchir. Lee could it have had internal parasites?

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
I would have been highly upset about that birchir. Lee could it have had internal parasites?

could be... that is pretty hard to diagnose early ... you cant tell usually till it poops get white and stringy or it gets real skinny.....

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
could be... that is pretty hard to diagnose early ... you cant tell usually till it poops get white and stringy or it gets real skinny.....
Yeah that's true. Usually another sign is a change in attitude and eating habits.

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
had a plecostomus for about 1 good month and the eyes of the algae eater were getting sucked into the head. then it just died. theres my story

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Countless sories. I do not even qualify as weird jumping aros.

But Bichirs getting suck in cannisters water intakes, a monstrous jaguar acclimates and directly into an Rtc's belly, and so on and so on. A clown loach lost for. Months inside a Eheim cannister and alive. A baby dat inside the large intake hose of a 2250 for 2 days and alive....

40 years of stories...

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Countless sories. I do not even qualify as weird jumping aros.

But Bichirs getting suck in cannisters water intakes, a monstrous jaguar acclimates and directly into an Rtc's belly, and so on and so on. A clown loach lost for. Months inside a Eheim cannister and alive. A baby dat inside the large intake hose of a 2250 for 2 days and alive....

40 years of stories...
I think it's common for aros to jump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store