I'm back!

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
Hey,

It's been a long time since I came around, but here I am! I'm not sure if any of you actually remember me well or not, but who knows?
A lot has happened this past year, or so...the most notable thing I'd like to share with you guys, is that I recently acquired a job with a relatively new pet store where I live. The great thing about this pet store, is that it specializes in exotic pets, which include fish...and the best part...I run the fish section, and pick out the fish!

Basically, I've picked out the following species, but I would really appreciate if anyone could provide me with some suggestions on other things to add! The pet store is called 'Rats N Snakes' and has a facebook page, if you want to check it out!

- African Butterfly Fish
- Jardini, Leichardti, and Silver Arowanas
- Spanner Barbs
- Senegal, Delhezi, and Ornate Bichirs.
- Freshwater Flounders
- Upside down catfish
- Tiger Shovelnose Catfish
- Red Tail Catfish
- Pink, and Black Convict Cichlids
- Red Snooks
- Electric Blue Jack Dempseys
- Green, and Red Severums
- Black, Brown, and Clown Knifefish
- Elephant Nose Fish
- Florida Gars
- Maculata, and Black Rasboras.
- Cardinal, Bloodfin, Congo, X-Ray, and Serpea Tetras.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Seems like a tank full of expensive feeders for the rtc. What size tank?

Or is this the fish you would be stocking in the store?

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Pretty sure it's what he'll be stocking the store with. Just a heads up though, not too many people in the public sphere are keen on rare and exotic species all of the time. Would be good for your store if you stock something popular like oscars, discus, angels, and rams. Not every customer is a Monster Fish Keeper.

Aquaman_95

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2007
Warner Robins Georgia
Seems like a tank full of expensive feeders for the rtc. What size tank?

Or is this the fish you would be stocking in the store?
Yeah, these are the fish that I'll most likely be stocking the store with.

Pretty sure it's what he'll be stocking the store with. Just a heads up though, not too many people in the public sphere are keen on rare and exotic species all of the time. Would be good for your store if you stock something popular like oscars, discus, angels, and rams. Not every customer is a Monster Fish Keeper.
Yeah, you're right. Hahaha, honestly I think we'll only order a few of each species. Maybe we'll develop a niche?

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
- Tiger Shovelnose Catfish
- Red Tail Catfish
these fish should be special order 75-100 dollars each.

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Yeah, I would leave any of the real monsters for special order. You may end up with having to hold onto the same fish for months before the right customer comes along. Don't think the store would be too happy with that, lol. I would stock the usual stuff that sells fast and then have a few "special fish" that might sell and that the average customers would be willing to pay for like ebjds, honduran red points, powder blue rams, discus, etc. I would only order monsters once in a while or keep them for special orders only. I've seen lots of stores that had lots of monsters that no one wanted to buy and they would just sit in the same display tanks month after month.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I remember you. Good to see you back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store