What should i do with my 70gal.?

Dieselfool

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2010
Barrie On Canada
I have this nice clean 70 gal that was suppost to be a sump for my 220, but I decided to go with canisters. So I'm thinking I may make a nice stand and canopy for the 70 and set it up in my office. The 220 is/will be loaded down with Africans, so I'm thinking maybe just 1, or 2 fish in the 70. The tank is 40"x20"x20" and whatever goes in must be able to live there for life. I'm thinking something completly different from my Africans..... ya know, eels, puffers, something unique. I'm not doing the marine thing, just don't have the knowledge, or time for that right now. So what say you?

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
eh, few inches shorter, but you could do a wet pet? maybe an oscar or red devil/midas or flower horn? and should make a thread on your africans! :)

Dieselfool

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2010
Barrie On Canada
I've bred Africans before, but it's just too much work trying to get rid of the fry. And I don't want any critters in the house, at least not anything that can get up and walk/slither away. What do you think of a riparium? Open top with nice hanging lights and some big plants growing out of the top. But I do like the idea of one nice big wet-pet. The Flowerhorn idea is intresting. Oh, and no wife or g/f living with me so I can pretty much do as I like. LOL.

ska_kid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2012
Mars
I've bred Africans before, but it's just too much work trying to get rid of the fry. And I don't want any critters in the house, at least not anything that can get up and walk/slither away. What do you think of a riparium? Open top with nice hanging lights and some big plants growing out of the top. But I do like the idea of one nice big wet-pet. The Flowerhorn idea is intresting. Oh, and no wife or g/f living with me so I can pretty much do as I like. LOL.
Yea that is true
Or get a eel or make it a salt water tank

Sent from my ADR6300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

karaig19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
In the Ocean
He said he does not have time for a saltwater tank. Mabey Do a planted tank or do some exedons. If you want to do something bigger try oscars.

hamster

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
Ipswich England
If unique is what you want I always wanted to do a large planted cherry shrimp tank with dwarf puffers. A mini circle of life type thing as I've been told some dwarf puffers wont eat adult shrimp but will only eat the young.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store