Arowana gone Exodons in

goosej13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Canada
My tank is now getting rocked with 50 new Exodons :)

I already got 15 in there and I have another 35 on the way. 2 weeks they should be in.

Has anyone ever had a shoal that big? Just wondering how much food I should be getting.

goosej13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Canada
Well so far they are not eating a WHOLE lot... also does anyone know how fast these little guys grow.. they are around an 1-2 inches and they are suppose to get up to 4-5 inches in a tank.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Have to do some searching, but there was a guy on here that was an exodon nut. If I remember correctly he had schools of a couple hundred or so.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
A guy on here was trying to sell his school of at least 100.

I have had mine for a year or so, and they have not really grown. They are 2 to 2 1/4 inches. How big is the tank ?

You should line up a wholesale source for flake food - A LOT OF IT. 50 will eat it up pretty fast.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Search Bitteraspect's threads he had lots of exodons but doesn't frequent the forum anymore.

This is one of his videos

[YT]ST181vCD7C4[/YT]

Too Many Choices

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2012
Australia
I've no experience with these fish but I can imagine you'll be going through food at quite a fast rate. Would it be worth try to make your own DIY recipe. There should be a few threads on forums across the web. One I've seen was a load of different vegetables and fish meats processed and frozen in slabs. If you added some vitamins to it, it would probably be quite a healthy and cost effective diet for them.

goosej13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Canada
its a 125 that they are in.. I will be getting them in a few weeks from my LFS.. I will take a video when I get the whole works in. What kind of flakes do you all use? right now i am using a floating chichlid pellet.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
They do not care for pellets - at least mine don't. Any flakes will work well.

They actually like feeder fish - guppies, or rosy reds - they are swallowed whole, but I do not do that anymore, since the fish they live with, are faster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store