new stock list will they all work ?

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
so ive got a new stock list id like to keep and wanna make sure everyone will be ok together... i wanna have 1 silver arowana, 2 or 3 peacock bass (azul/orino/ocell), ornate bichir, alligator gar or florida gar... will those work together in the same tank ? and also should everyone be the same size ? i know bichir grow very slow so i was thinking of having a larger sized bichir so the other dont outgrow him and eat him sometime lol also are gar's fast growers ? i know bass, and aro's grow about a inch a month

the azul and orino im getting my hands on are 5-6" there a alligator gar i know of for 20$@7" and also have a line on 2 bichirs one is 16"+ and other is 18" give or take

any help would be great thanks guys

qwerty1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2012
Ontario
The only thing you would have to worry about are the gars being aggressive, but it should work.

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Well the gar would be a last pick I'm not really sure if I'm fond on there looks as of yet .... Hard to tell in some pics of them... Also what about sizes of each other and will a BIG 16"+ bichir be a good idea with all other being 5-8" ?

qwerty1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2012
Ontario
Don't quote me on this but i think as long as they don't fit in the bichirs mouth it should be ok...

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Should be ok if you have a large enough tank all of these fish need a lot of space... I would also go with a Florida Gar if you get one as they are the smallest species. Alligators get massive and are pretty aggressive...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Ya I'll be looking to upgrade to a 300g this summer when a semi local store has there tank sale on :) but have a 72x19 footprint tank atm which should do me till summer

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
also what about everyone size when they get added in the tank together ? azul, orino i have a lead on are 5-6" the aro is about 8" max, one bichir is 16"+ and another is 18" give or take.... and i know there very slow growers so would getting one that large be better so he dont become lunch after say 6 months lol and do gars grow fast ?

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
found a local guy with a alligator gar thats about 7" right now and is asking 20$, he says he is good mannered so far and is living with a sting ray at the moment and a few others and that he isnt aggressive at all... should i grab him, or should i wait out/look for a florida gar ? is there a difference between the looks/aggression of them and do they both have the same growth rate ?

but so far im looking at
2 peacock bass azul 5-6" ocellaris 3" (he in a different tank atm but will add him in the big tank with a divider till he large enough)
1 alligator gar 7"
1 silver arowana 8"
1 ornate bichir 16-18"

will those sizes be ok together without issue's ?

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
no i dont really see a problem with these, but i dont thing a 300g is big enough for all those fish....but thats just me

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
No to the alligator gar, will get way too big. The ornate may be capable of eating the silver at that size, might snatch it at night while it's sleeping. Try growing the silver out to near the same length of the ornate before attempting to mix them because ornates tend to be one of the more fish aggressive polys and will eat fish that it can fit in its mouth. The bass may also be some pretty expensive meals for that large ornate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store