Anyone used Odyssea lighting?

A_K_Kicker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
KC, MO
Has anyone used an odyssea light fixture before? If so would you recommend it?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I have a 48" 3 bulb fixture with timer and moonlights and i say don't waste your money. Mine was sent with 2 right sided legs and since its a "free" item they wouldn't send me a new one. The reflectors are a joke and my moonlights started going out a month after i got it. Now all are gone (12 months later)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

A_K_Kicker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
KC, MO
Thanks for the replies. Really helped make up my mind

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

creativityasaweapon

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2011
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Well, the fires were reported 5 years ago so I don't really think that thread is a valid source anymore, BUT, speaking from personal experience there are bad things with this light, but also good things in my opinion. I bought this light as an affordable alternative to some of the other higher priced systems out there and haven't been disappointed with how the unit functions. I have the 48" quad bulb fixture and have had it for about 3 months now, and yes, the moonlights burnt out right away, but after I contacted the company, they sent replacements immediately and e-mailed picture instructions of how to replace. The replacement LEDs have been working great and I haven't had any other complaints. The two sets of bulbs are on seperate plugs as well as the LEDs. In this pricepoint that's hard to find. Granted, the mounting legs did come installed upside down, but that's an easy fix, and I really haven't had a problem with the reflectors other than the fact that it doesn't reflect each bulb individually, but rather all at once.
I my opinion, as far as the fixture as a whole and the company's customer service, it's worth it.
Another avenue you can take is to buy "aquaponic" lighting system. They are essentially the same types of fixtures (water resistant, 2 bulbs per cord) but without the aquarium buzzword attached that raise the price in our niche markets. I have found an 8 bulb T5 for $250, so good alternatives are out there.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I don't have their fixture but have used their bulbs. Their bulbs are quit good.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store