Mods and MFKr's Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karaig19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
In the Ocean
Just read the thread were the guy got busted for the illegal arow. So like the mod said I decieded to check what is legal for my state. As I am looking down the list I see that talapia are illegal. I bought this fish from an lfs a couple months ago. I picked the fish up not knowing what it was but it looked cool. I posted the pic on MFK for an I.D. when I got it. Since I apparently have an illegal fish I need to know if the laws have changed or if I need to get rid of the fish. The fish was only $10 so ill get rid of him to avoid any fine. I am asking you guys not to snitch on me or have wildlife and fish people banging at my door...... Heres a pic tell me if Its legal or not if so the bye bye Talapia....
uploadfromtaptalk1357173013169.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357173001081.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357172988255.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1357173013169.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1357173001081.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1357172988255.jpg

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
no idea, but if they are, FW would be at your door regardless of you getting rid of them or not. i would call them up and ask them, and if they are, tell them you didnt know better, and posting on here ( not doing research ) is really asking for trouble....

karaig19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
In the Ocean
no idea, but if they are, FW would be at your door regardless of you getting rid of them or not. i would call them up and ask them, and if they are, tell them you didnt know better, and posting on here ( not doing research ) is really asking for trouble....
Just asking for help... all I need is a yes or no and not to piss people of but I would have to kill it....

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
The OP has raised a legitimate question.

Either someone with knowledge of the applicable laws ( by the way there is a sticky State by State in the BS Section) gives him a help, or a mod will.

There is no place for smart aleck comments, please.

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
i cant help you but good luck. i hope the outcome is good

karaig19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
In the Ocean
The OP has raised a legitimate question.

Either someone with knowledge of the applicable laws ( by the way there is a sticky State by State in the BS Section) gives him a help, or a mod will.

There is no place for smart aleck comments, please.
Thankyou trying to do some reaserch cant find much... seems some talapia are native here... some are illegal... and some arnt native but illegal ... cannot find the catagory mine falls under.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
No tilapia is FL native. They are all from Africa.
If I were you, I'd just get rid of it really quick to be sure.

Sent from my Toaster

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
There are no native Tilapia to Florida. All are either introduced on purpose or by accident.

First off, you should learn your state restricted species list before you go buying any fish. Ignorance will not get you a pass with the law.

Second, this is a public forum, and there ARE a few F&G officials that frequent the site for various reasons. Posting 'incriminating information' isn't encouraged, its at your OWN risk. MFK doesn't support or encourage the keeping of illegal species.

My suggestion to you is either get rid of the tilapia if it is causing you that much worry, or don't mention it again.

RESTRICTED SPECIES BY STATE

karaig19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2012
In the Ocean
Thanks chub... I've made up my mind $10 isn't worth a huge fine... is going when I get home.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store