Salt Stocking

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Tanks cycling so heres the stock I want to go for.
20g 30x12x12 FOWLR (potential grow out if bigger tank needed).
aq20 LR ruble
AQ70 LR ruble carbon. (will convert too refuge in do time)
Koralia Nano 240g

I would like a Yellow stripe Maroon and a Valentini Puffer (or other dwarf puffer) both will be acquired small.
I would also like a Damsel of some sort or chromis and some type of bottom feeder to mix up the sand and eat most left overs from puffer or other fish. So if someone can recommend any other fish (I ask because someone is selling a velvet damsel and it loos awesome). Will this work for life or will I need an upgrade? I will have a 29g eventually or I may upgrade to 40g but this is my trial run.

So to sum it up
Will Yellow stripe maroon and Valentini work and is this tank good enough for life?
Will a damsel work with this stock and some bottom feeders for life?
What recommendations for bottom feeders for this size tank and meets my criteria?
Any other recommendations to go with a puffer and yellow strip maroon clown instead of damsel?
Also I know that one fish should be added at a time so what order would I add them in? (clown, puffer, damsel, multiple bottom feeders)

Plan #2
Clown small fish and invertebrates

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Gold stripe maroon clowns need at least a 50gal for life. I believe they are the largest of the clownfish family.

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Velvet damsels get pretty large for a 20 and can be really aggressive other than that sounds like good stock I would go with a pistol shrimp goby pair for the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I was considering that but I read you barely ever see the goby. Plus I'm still thinking about the puffer. Okay I'll stay clear of the velvet
Gold stripe maroon clowns need at least a 50gal for life. I believe they are the largest of the clownfish family.
Yea they do get large for a clown. That's why I mentioned the 40g upgrade but this is what I have ATM to test my fondness of the salt water side! If It keeps my interest an upgrade will be priority! I'd feel like I'd kick myself in the pants for not getting a gold strip clown the coolest next tto the lightning one!

My fish life is sparked up with Polys :)

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
Tanks cycling so heres the stock I want to go for.
20g 30x12x12 FOWLR (potential grow out if bigger tank needed).
aq20 LR ruble
AQ70 LR ruble carbon. (will convert too refuge in do time)
Koralia Nano 240g

I would like a Yellow stripe Maroon and a Valentini Puffer (or other dwarf puffer) both will be acquired small.
I would also like a Damsel of some sort or chromis and some type of bottom feeder to mix up the sand and eat most left overs from puffer or other fish. So if someone can recommend any other fish (I ask because someone is selling a velvet damsel and it loos awesome). Will this work for life or will I need an upgrade? I will have a 29g eventually or I may upgrade to 40g but this is my trial run.

So to sum it up
Will Yellow stripe maroon and Valentini work and is this tank good enough for life?
Will a damsel work with this stock and some bottom feeders for life?
What recommendations for bottom feeders for this size tank and meets my criteria?
Any other recommendations to go with a puffer and yellow strip maroon clown instead of damsel?
Also I know that one fish should be added at a time so what order would I add them in? (clown, puffer, damsel, multiple bottom feeders)

Plan #2
Clown small fish and invertebrates
You might want more circulation, I'm running 2x 425 GPH in my 20.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store