Move my ten gallon tank onto another stand

JoseCatala

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2012
Brentwood, CA
Hi,
I need to move my ten gallon tank on to another stand. Should I remove all the water before moving it or can I remove just half? It's a standard glass tank bought at Wal-Mart.

Thanks.

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
I'd be safe and empty it because if its full and it shifts the wrong way then you may bust a seem and the seal will break better to be safe then sorry

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
Just drain it all the way but leave your substrate in.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
A tank with water can be pretty heavy and hard to move. Drain about 3/4 of the water before moving. Make sure you lift the aquarium by the bottom.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
its a ten gallon, the avrage paearson should have to strength to move a half filled 10 gallon... with tanks that small I don't see a problem with carying it half full...

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
its a ten gallon, the average person should have the strength to move a half filled 10 gallon... with tanks that small I don't see a problem with carrying it half full...
Half filled 10 gallon tank weighs about 50 lbs (more with substrate). Tough to move it on the stand to get underneath it to lift it.

JoseCatala

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2012
Brentwood, CA
Common sense would be to empty all the water then move it. Then I know i wouldn't break... But since I've never moved a tank with water in it. I thought I'd ask. And if you think It's stupid to ask the question, why'd you answer. Having a bad day?

Can't believe someone would post a thread like this, use common sense simple

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store