What would you stock a 400g with?

TheBigB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
North Texas
The tank is 84" X 45" X 24" (LXWXH)which is just under 400g, including filtration the water volume is actually alittle over 500 gallons.

Right now the stock includes a Black Arowana, Jaguar, Festae, Texas, JD, Green Severum, Silver Dollars (5 right now but will be adding to this), and possibly my school of Clown Loaches. I have my eye on a Vieja Argentea but dont have him yet.

My question is what would you do? Just looking for suggestions, I would even consider replacing some of the current stock.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Great looking stock setup, looks a little vicious but of course you wont know until you try...

I would definitely suggest adding a Flagtail prochilodus to the mix; they are awesome looking fish that can live with the bullies in your tank and are also a great cleaner. As far as cichlids are concerned, its a long list but at the top of it I'd have to suggest a Hoplarchus psittacus (true parrot) as well as an Oscar of any type; preferably a wild type! :)

Also, as far as Ray's are concerned, you can pick up a Freshwater Atlantic stingray but I wouldn't suggest it unless you were keeping a brackish or salt tank.

oscaroo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
USA
A green terror, a midas, an oscar, a paracromis freddy, some vejies... just some ideas...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store