Paralyzed Gar

metadraxis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2012
Mexico
Last week my gar suffered what seemed like a swim bladder disorder, most likely by constipation, as you can see in this thread: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?523761-Help!-Vertical-Gar!

Now, after 8 days of not eating anything it is still making poo. I think the worst of the constipation is over since the poo is now of normal color instead of dark blue/green, it doesn't look much swollen anymore and it's on its side instead of fully upside down. The problem now is that it seems paralyzed from the half to the tail, and its back is curved up, it uses its pectoral fins to try to swim but it can't, even if I put it in normal position its tail stays curved, like an scorpion. I've seen it move its caudal fin veeery little a few times but that's it. I first thought that it was curved because of the swelling but then the paralysis appeared.Does anyone know if this is normal after a constipation/swim bladder problem? or it is anything else?

garback.jpg

garback.jpg

metadraxis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2012
Mexico
Now it's making more blue poop and it's still paralyzed, however I noticed that if I tickle its tail and body it moves the caudal and pelvic fins, so it is the body that is paralyzed. :S

codyish125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2010
oc
I would throw him in a pond or just
Put it to rest..it sounds like he's hurting
Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store