Indonesian Datnoid Growth Rate?

BMaxie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Just looking for a approximate growth rate on young (2"+) Indo Dats and what is the best/healthiest food for helping with growth?

Thanks in advance.

mattstevens1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2012
deer park ny
Just looking for a approximate growth rate on young (2"+) Indo Dats and what is the best/healthiest food for helping with growth?

Thanks in advance.
They grow relatively quick to around 5-6 inches. Probably in a few months then after that I've read/heard the growth slows down to about 1-2 inches a year. Slow growers :3

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I got a group of 4 2 inchers 2 months ago. 1 has doubled, 1 grew an inch and the other 2 barely noticeable growth.

Reactions: Catfish_Crazed

backpack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2012
Fl, USA
I have 2x 6month olds. ones 9 inches the other is 4 inches. The big guy only eats 8 mm nls.
The little guy wont change over to pellets and only eats black worms and tilapia.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
I'm hoping my IT grows quickly. He's about 2" right now. I noticed him trying to eat some pellets yesterday but he couldn't swallow them since they were a little too big. I'm going to try with some smaller food and bloodworms in the meantime.

It's a good thing he's interested in pellets though! Whew! ;)

BMaxie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Wow good growth rate "backpack" I hope mine have that sort of growth rate. "NixMix" I would suggest Xtreme Cichlid Peewee Pellets, they seem about the perfect size for my IT's. I had them eating 5 minutes of being taken out of the bag and into the tank even though they were shipped to me they were in good shape and eating well.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Wow good growth rate "backpack" I hope mine have that sort of growth rate. "NixMix" I would suggest Xtreme Cichlid Peewee Pellets, they seem about the perfect size for my IT's. I had them eating 5 minutes of being taken out of the bag and into the tank even though they were shipped to me they were in good shape and eating well.
What size would you say the peewee pellets are? 0.5 mm or 1.0 mm? Just curious bc I have some 0.5mm pellets at home.

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store