Picked up a gator

Leebtattoos

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Lampasas, Texas
So my LNG has grown quickly from 4" to 12" so I knew I would move him to the 200g soon. I just moved him in with his 3 FLG brothers.

Having an empty tank I decided to make the plunge and bought a 3" A. Spatula from aquabid. He showed up in great shape and was eating feeders within a day. I will be stepping him up to a 150 and then to the 200 until he out grows that. I have an above ground pool (12'dia x30"deep) I will be converting to a pond in a few months so he will have a (more) permanent home. He is a super fun fish already. It's weird to say, but he's got a really playful personality? Like an over anxious puppy.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360722065.831858.jpg

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Nice. I myself have been really kicking around a gator. I just have not nutted up yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Leebtattoos

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Lampasas, Texas
Nice. I myself have been really kicking around a gator. I just have not nutted up yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yeah, I decided to give it a shot. And since my luck wasn't too good with the Cuban, I figured I'd try a cousin. It's weird buying one since they are rampant in our local waters, but obviously finding a fingerling is next to impossible. He is doing well. Filling up fast on guppies. The last batch of guppies developed a fungus after quarantine (I put 50 in at a time). So I just did a wc and added salt. All levels are spot on, but that's what I get for live food.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Nice. You're very lucky to live where one can keep a gator gar outdoors.

Sent from my Toaster

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store