Drogo, black arowana grow out thread.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
EDIT-

Every ten pages there will be a consolidation post with all of the images from the previous ten pages. This is to make looking at old pics of this guy easier without having to read through page after page of discussion.

Page 10 consolidation post

[HR][/HR]

Meet Khal Drogo, my new black arowana.

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

I ordered him from Roger at Pet Zone San Diego. He made it to central Missouri from socal in 16 hours and he was packaged very well. His water was still warm when he showed up! He is about a foot long and appears to be extremely healthy.I let him acclimate in the tank for fifteen minutes before letting him join his tankmates, a Goliath tigerfish, Max (thread here) and a juruense catfish, Ginger. They're living in a 150 gallon growout tank for the time being. I'm currently constructing a 510 gallon DIY tank you can see here.

His tankmates-

His future home-

When I first released him into the tank he spazzed. He tried to hide and got himself stuck to a power head and jumped and hit the lid of the tank. After a little while he settled down, though. He started swimming around and minding his own business. Max made two swipes at him (no bites), circled him once and went back to swimming in the current from my battery of power heads and has completely ignored Drogo afterwards. I think Max convinced himself that he's still king poop in the tank and that he has no reason to mess with Drogo. Ginger, the catfish, ignores anything that doesn't try to take her favored laying corner from her. No issues with her. I dropped a single pellet in for him to see what he would do with it. He won't eat pellets yet. He did, however, bite it several times and spit it out. Armed with that knowledge, I'm confident I'll have him eating prepared food in no time!

Forgive the quality of these pictures, I did a water change today and the water was still a little cloudy.

DSC_0030.JPG
As you can see in the above picture, when the light hits him just right, he has little spots that you can see on some of his scales. I don't know what they are or if he'll keep them, but they look really nice.

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

And finally, the last two pics are not very good, but I included them because I just like them. :)

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Beautiful! Did you sell your tarpon and everything? Is your 90g setup? You should add the tinfoil barbs to your 150!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks man!

You've really looked at my threads, huh? lol

My 90 is a dedicated saltwater setup that isn't going back up until I'm out of the Army in a year or so. The tinfoils were moved to the 150 about a month and a half ago and were promptly eaten by my juruense and my now-sold scomb payara. The tank the little tigers and the tinfoils were living in was a 55. The little tigers were sold as well.

Tonight Drogo ate some pellets! :D He also cooperated a bit and I was able to try a new method of firing my flash to great effect. I'm very pleased with the results!

drogo.jpg

drogo.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store