Tank mates

braddasteve

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2013
Hawaii
Ok, so I have 2 large jaguar cichlids, female is 10 inches long and the male is 12 in. I also have a pair of jack dempseys, male is between 8-9 in, and the female about 7 inches. Currently they are in seperate tanks and both pairs have spawned before. Anyway, I have ordered a 240 gallon tank and was wondering if I would be able to put both pairs in the 240 together. I'm worried about the jaguars aggression towards the JD's during spawning, but also Wondering if a 240g would be large enough to not worry about that, and also if I would be able to possibly put more large fish in the tank in the future? Thanks

Redneckfisher28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
California
I am also wanting to add a jag to my 220 with a JD and a few others so i am curious how it would work out as well braddasteve, let me know if you decide to put them together and how it works out :)

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Honestly in that size tank i would add some large dither like silver dollars, or tinfoils ect and you should be fine. If they pair up they have enough space to each pair to pick their own little corner.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store