A couple questions about a 150g

Jim3h

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Hey guys, I found a 150 on cl for $120, it's just the tank, approximently how much will it cost me, besides the cost of the tank to start it up, I don't mind doing DIY stuff, I actually prefer it, I was thinking of doing a 2 by 4 stand with some plywood, and making a wet dry filter myself, but as a power head goes to pump it back up how should big should it be? And what's the easiest way to make an overflow? Drill the tank, buy a over flow or make one, any thing else I didn't mention please feel free to put in
-Thanks, Jim

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
If he does DIY stuff it won't cost him that much. My buddy bought a 210 just the tank ( it was already drilled) and he paid $400 for the tank alone. I think his stand and canopy he made was another $100 an he made a sump out of an old tank he had. He probably had $600-$650 invested
In it when he was done. I paid $300 for my 220 all I have purchased for it was 2 48" LED lights and a CFS700 canister with UV so I'm right at the $500 mark with mine. Look on CL for filters or old tanks that you can make into filters. I you want to keep it cheap you can make it happen

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ok ... do you want to go dirt cheap?cinder block stand can be done for $40...... filtration can be done for $100... with sponge filters and powerheads... lighting $20... heater $30 ... gravel $5... rocks $0... top $10 sounds like about $200... total startup (after tank):popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store