Fish Tank Ban

dsbaker15

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Johnson County, Indiana
hopefully this is in the right section...

I've been followin the site for a while, but just signed up and this is my first thread. My question is a bit tricky.

I live in a fraternity, and our insurance forbids fish tanks. I am getting one anyway, but I need to be careful about it. I would like suggestions. Obviously it must be small for when I get caught and have to remove it. In addition to this, the fish should be cheap and hardy in case an emergency were to occur. I'm thinkin 35 is the largest I can get away with, but I should go a bit smaller. It should also be freshwater in my opinion, to fit the cheap & hardy requirements. Is it possible to still have a tank that contains something cool with these limits? Thanks in advance.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
With all the shenanigans that go on in a frat house, I wouldn't get a fish tank. Water damage can be expensive. Get a betta and a small bowl.

dsbaker15

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Johnson County, Indiana
Our fraternity is very tame, and I own everything that is in the room, I'm willing to accept the risk. Another guy in the house has kept a bluegill in a 35 all year with no trouble.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Is it really worth taking the risk of getting evicted from your room?
Make some student on the waiting list very happy.

dsbaker15

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2013
Johnson County, Indiana
I won't be kicked out or anything, I'm sure of it. It would be a simple slap on the wrist if they even care. They've got drugs and alcohol on their list before small fish tanks. If possible, I'd like some stock suggestions...I understand your concerns, but I've been planning it for a while and I've made the decision.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
if you insist, maybe a nice wild betta bowl ;-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store