My snowflake

Mitchh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2012
Des Plaines
Just added a small snowflake eel. He's been in the tank only a few days. He is one heck of a eel. He comes out cruises the tank and eats like a beast. Its funny. Ive never seen a eel this active. He acclimated nicely. He spends his time in the same cave as his buddy the black cap jawfish. Weird almost like a symbiotic relationship.

[video=facebook;10151324826323233]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151324826323233[/video]

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
Your vid doesn't work, FYI.

I've always like snowflake eels when I see them at the LFS. They are really pretty animals. I've seen other eels share castles and stuff with fish at the LFS. Its always neat to see them buddy up in the door or whatever. :)

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
Snowflakes are the perfect beginner eel IMO. They're hardy, small, not too aggressive, beautiful, and pretty hard to kill.

The big challenge is keeping them in the tank. It's amazing the ways they can get out. I've personally lost two of them in the past due to them getting out.

Be sure to seal off every single hole, no matter how small or difficult to escape from. Don't under-estimate its ability to escape.

Good luck with him!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mitchh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2012
Des Plaines
Yeah they sure are good at getting where they shouldn't. I had a client that had a 6" get into the overflow through a layer of DLS down through the bio balls and in to the sump. Its amazing that he didn't venture in to the blue line hd pump. He did that twice before I pulled him out of their tank.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Nice little snowflake. Soon you'll want a bigger tank for the larger more aggressive moray species.

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
Lol, Ptrick! I told my mom that when I either got a bigger tank or sumped my 55, I'd be getting a pair of Dwarf Golden Morays. She told me that if I brought anything resembling a snake in her house, she'd chop its head off! :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store