Good hitch hikers? Possible ID on star

MidWestMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2013
Lancaster, Ohio
So two weeks ago I started my first saltwater tank. I was thrilled to see a couple anemones pop up only to find out they were aiptasia, so I got some peppermint shrimp and some of red seas aiptasia x as a back up, so those are gone now. But today I added more live rock, some big pieces with that purple algae all over, got some purple up to go along with it. Surprise surprise when I got home I found a hermit crab in the box, and upon placing the rocks in my tank brittle stars fell out of each piece, I counted four but I'm sure there were more in the rock. I only had twenty minutes from getting home till I had to leave for work, and I had to mix up a salad for my bearded dragon after placing my rocks, and feed seven different tanks. But right before I left the wife pointed out some sort of small white starfish climbing the back of the glass. Super excited to get home and see what all else might be in there, and ill post pictures as well, maybe some one can ID this starfish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
I've got tons of those tiny white star fish. My mom, who's six when you put her in front of the tank, likes to play Where's Waldo with the starfish. Lol. They are cute. I saw one one day that was green and pink and just shy of the size of a dime.

KellyFrancis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2012
Somerset WI
Yeah, most of mine are just tiny. Maybe the size of a pencil eraser, and white. I just talked about that one cuz he was the coolest by far, lol. And the feather dusters! Don't get me started on the feather dusters! They are taking over my tank too! hahaha. They are neat though. I like them. Do you have any of those around?

MidWestMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2013
Lancaster, Ohio
Not yet but I've considered them along with "leather fingers", I have a cabbage coral, that what I got today that had all the neat hitch hikers on it, and some unidentified coral, I'm leaving my plant now so ill post pictures in about an hour

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store