Old silicone line

Lgw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Ill be moving house soon, and would love to get rid of the old line of silicone in the middle of my tank whilst its empty. The glass has next to no scratches and this line is a huge eye sore. I was thinking about replacing the tank with a new one, but if anyone has any ideas how to remove the silicone without scratching the glass please fire away! Please see pic

image.jpg

Lgw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Ok thanks mate, do you just use the razor cartridge on the handle or remove the blade and just use it? Probably sounds like a stupid question lol but I imagine it being awkward holding a single blade :p

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Single edge razor blade or you can get the paint scraper style one that uses a single edge razor blade.

sincebeen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2013
Michigan

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Looks like my 15 that had a divider siliconed in it. Well not as ugly at least. I removed the divider and scraped off the silicone but it left lines were the silicone was.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Ok thanks mate, do you just use the razor cartridge on the handle or remove the blade and just use it? Probably sounds like a stupid question lol but I imagine it being awkward holding a single blade :p
Yes just use it in your hand and make sure you have a few extras also there's no stupid questions when it comes to learning especially when it's about a hobby you love good luck getting it off :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store