Spiralling fish

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Just got a new flower horn had it in the tank just over 30 hours it started lieing on its side now when it get spooks it swims in spirals and crashes about the tank is this swim bladder issues

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
First i would check water parameters....

Is the tank cycled?

I assume he was normal before being put into your tank and I dont think a swim bladder issue would turn this bad in a day.

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
All water params were fine other than I have quite hard water tank had some other small cichlids none were stressin it out either but I have divided the tank to see if that helps

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Unfortunately the fish died I baught it from a online seller it was deffintley not right from the moment I got it, but do you believe the seller should refund me for the fish as it was rather pricey.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Unfortunately the fish died I baught it from a online seller it was deffintley not right from the moment I got it, but do you believe the seller should refund me for the fish as it was rather pricey.

Yeah was gonna say its sounds like it was on deaths door. Depends on who the vendor is.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Hard to say?

I mean the way i see it is, if the fish was fine when entering the tank, and only started to say spazz around 30 hours after, it could be something in the tank that caused it...

On the other hand, if it was already acting weird before even going in, or right after, then i might consider there was a problem with the fish to begin with...

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Sorry didn't say soon as the fish arrived it was acting strange and within half hour of receiving the fish I had spoke to the seller to explain what was happening. From the moment of arrival I could tell something was not write.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store