gar and avtivated carbon

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
I know that people bring up this from time to time but since I'm too lazy to dig them up and the gar forum has been really boring lately, I just post a thread for the more experience guys to have something to talk about and the new people to have something to learn!
And here the question: I remember people saying this in the pass that carbon have so affect in the well being of gars. With the weather is warming up again I would like to put some more work into my filtration system because I have some more fish in the tank/pond but now I have 6 spotted gars in it, should I add activated carbon into the filter to help keep the tank more clean?

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Check out my recent thread on HLLE...

It's not the carbon itself.. but either the micro-dust particles... or the fact it removed everything... both good and bad from the water (ie minerals and vitamins ect) as a general rule I haven't used carbon in years for anything other then removing meds.. other then the incident in that thread... which BTW the 3 LNgs are almost compleately healed up.

Dubeckyj

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2011
Canada
Check out my recent thread on HLLE...

It's not the carbon itself.. but either the micro-dust particles... or the fact it removed everything... both good and bad from the water (ie minerals and vitamins ect) as a general rule I haven't used carbon in years for anything other then removing meds.. other then the incident in that thread... which BTW the 3 LNgs are almost compleately healed up.
Good to hear! I'm glad we solved it in time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store